Free shipping on orders over $99
Testosterone is a hormone that plays an important role in the development of male sexual characteristics, as well as in the maintenance of muscle mass, bone density, and overall health. High levels of testosterone are often associated with greater muscle mass, increased strength, and improved athletic performance. However, when it comes to body fat, the relationship between testosterone and body fat is a bit more complicated.
Studies have shown that obesity and high levels of body fat can have a negative impact on testosterone levels in men. One study found that men with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 30, which is considered obese, had significantly lower testosterone levels than men with a BMI between 20 and 25, which is considered to be in the healthy weight range. This is likely due to the fact that body fat can convert testosterone to estrogen, a female hormone, which can further decrease testosterone levels.
Additionally, high levels of body fat can also contribute to insulin resistance, which can negatively impact testosterone levels. Insulin resistance occurs when the body’s cells become less sensitive to the effects of insulin, which can lead to higher levels of insulin in the blood. This can then cause the body to produce more sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), a protein that binds to testosterone and reduces the amount of free testosterone available in the body.
Lower levels of testosterone can have a number of negative effects on men’s health, including decreased muscle mass and strength, increased body fat, decreased bone density, and decreased sex drive. Men with low testosterone may also experience fatigue, depression, and decreased cognitive function.
Fortunately, there are a number of lifestyle changes that men can make in order to improve their testosterone levels and reduce body fat. Eating a healthy diet high in protein and low in processed foods can help reduce body fat and improve insulin sensitivity. Regular exercise, particularly strength training exercises, can also help to increase testosterone levels and reduce body fat. To get you started, feel free to download our FREE 7 day meal plan and recipe guide available on the right side of your screen!
Here are our top suggestions to reduce body fat and increase testosterone:
- Strength training: Resistance training has been shown to increase testosterone levels in men. Focus on compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, and bench presses to get the most bang for your buck.
- HIIT workouts: High-intensity interval training (HIIT) has been shown to be effective at reducing body fat and improving insulin sensitivity. Incorporate HIIT workouts into your routine to burn fat and improve overall fitness.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep is critical for hormone production, including testosterone. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night to optimise your testosterone levels.
- Diet: Eating a diet that is high in protein and low in processed foods can help to reduce body fat and improve insulin sensitivity. Focus on lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, and eggs, and include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Reduce stress: Chronic stress can have a negative impact on testosterone levels. Incorporate stress-reducing activities such as yoga or meditation into your routine to help manage stress levels.
- Supplements: Certain supplements, such as vitamin D and zinc, have been shown to increase testosterone levels in men. Always good to check in with your Doc to see whether supplements may be a good option for you!
In some cases, medical intervention may also be necessary to address low testosterone levels. Testosterone replacement therapy, which involves using medications or injections to increase testosterone levels, may be recommended in certain cases. To find out if you qualify for medical intervention, be sure to contact your local general practitioner or healthcare provider.
While high levels of body fat can have a negative impact on testosterone levels in men, by making lifestyle changes such as improving diet and exercise habits, men can improve their testosterone levels and reduce body fat, leading to improved overall health and well-being.
Try our Super Greens Powder TODAY!
Designed to Boost Energy
Our Super Greens packs a massive nutritional punch containing over 37 real food and quality superfood ingredients including:
Spirulina, Flaxseed, Pea Protein, Organic Barley Grass, Chlorella, Chia, Goji Berry, Kale, Spinach, Mushroom Powder, And much more
With all these amazing ingredients coming together in a simple powder form Healthy Man Super Greens Powder will help you boost your immune system with a huge dose of Vitamin C and give you a shot of iron to boost your energy. It’s also a proudly Australian owned supplement that is vegan-friendly and GMO-free.
The perfect addition to your Healthy Man Meal Replacement or just mix it with water cause it tastes that good.